Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sew much for that!

My machine is still not working right so I haven't gotten as much done as I'd like. In fact, I scrapped everything that I was doing 2 weeks ago and haven't done anything except hem little man's shirt. I can do that because my beloved Singer Featherweight works. What I can't do is anything other than a straight stitch. So nothing that needs buttonholes. At least, not right now. I desperately want to get up early in the morning so that I can get it over to the repair guy - not the one I took it to last time, thanks very much. But the best laid plans and all that.....

On the brighter side, I ended up ordering the fabric I was coveting in the last post and am drooling over it, though I'm a tad disappointed in the delft print, as it clearly is flawed. You can't really tell if you're not looking at it closely, but under scrutiny it's clear that the printing is a bit off. I can't describe how, so I'll try to get a picture of it this week and add it here. On the whole, though, I'm pleased with it. I also scored some cute knit fabric for the boy that has surfboards on it. That came from ebay. These dresses are not at the top of the list right now, since the queue is being held up by little man's shirt and pants. Thank god I had already done the buttonholes before the machine went south on me. Now all I have to do is hem the sleeves and then I can work on the pants, which won't need buttonholes right away. Then I can start on the Manhattan dress from everybody's favorite book. And at some point I need to sneak in a gift for a friend's baby and finish the boy's quilt, since he is 1 year old now. So much to sew, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment